Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter decorations are up!

The kids are coming down this weekend for
~Easter~
so we thought we had better decorate...
My *sister*
is here and she has the talent for sewing
~check out this banner~

It says Happy Easter

before the burlap
just added velcro so we can take off the Easter
 and add Spring



~Happy Easter~


I just love this egg
&
Mr & Mrs. Bunny


~This cute little bunny was in Annie's basket one year~


Annie got this nutcracker for me while she was Germany
She also made this little bunny under the cloche
when she was in grade school


I got these topiarys 90% off after Easter
at Pier One last year because some of the eggs are cracked
notice all the grapefruit?
We've been trying a new diet...
more on that later,
I mean who starts a diet right before Easter...we're nuts!

laying out the pieces to get the colors just right before stringing with ribbon



That vase needed a  little
somethin somethin
at the bottom

~Harvey~
 has been the family
cookie jar for years
He looks so cute on
this cake stand I bought
last week from a blogger
who has a shop not far from here
she is a junker and has a beautiful store..
and if you flip it over it's a vase and the bottom is an ashtray
go figure!


Trying to figure out how I like the coffee table


Yep this will do

I'm looking forward to dinner at the
*table*
this Sunday
Too bad my Sis is headed home this weekend
to be with her family
~I will miss her~
we have had so much fun....
more of that to follow

This was at a garden store
that is heaven!

I am headed to
Kim's Party
Savvy Southern Style's
Wow us Wednesdays
Thanks for the party Kim and thanks
for mentioning
Melanie's Cookies

11 comments:

  1. Awww...Kathy you and your sissie look so cute together. Love your EAster decor...I just was not in the mood this year for too much Spring. My boys are getting older so bunnies do not fly around here anymore. Your decor is all adorable and the grands are going to love it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a nutcracker bunny before. That is very cool. Everything looks so pretty and springy. Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so pretty! I absolutely adore the bunny nutcracker!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house will be so festive when the little ones come through the door. Will there be an Easter egg hunt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. House looks great! Enjoy the family time! Thank God for sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are beautiful! I especially love your banner!
    Susan @ homeroad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy I loove your mantel!!! That banner is super cute and so awesome that you change it out, with velcro!!! I love your Easter decor and the bunnies you have are adorable. I especially love that fuzzy chick!! You are right, I didn't get to send that last week, as my kids have been sick. You'll be surprised sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOooooo!! That is so pretty! Your home looks so lovely! Your sister is very talented!! Have a happy Easter!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eagerly awaiting Easter Day pics!!! Fun decorations! Good thing you have a big house to store all your holiday decorations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your garland! Using velcro is inspired. All your decorations are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your rock fireplace. I love rock in a home. And your decorations are so cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete